The 4 day course is an essential mix of theoretical knowledge and practical experience. Working from the CAT I course guide, students are exposed to basic sound theory and how it is applied to the inspection disciplines demanded by an effective ultrasound program.
GOALS OF THIS COURSE:
- Understanding the principles of ultrasound as applied to predictive maintenance
- Gaining knowledge on generic ultrasound equipment such as airborne and structure-borne sensors and their functions
- Explore data acquisition and storage options
- Analysing and trending data, utilizing time signal analysis and setting up statistical decibel alarms
- In depth study of ultrasound applications; leak detection, bearing lubrication and monitoring, steam trap and valve inspection, electrical systems analysis, hydraulic inspections and more.
- Assess equipment to determine severity priorities.
- Recommendations on implementing an ultrasound program at your facility
ISO CAT I Ultrasound Certification In accordance with ISO 18436-3 and 18436-8 32 Hours of course material + closed book exam*
* Certification Exam is provided by Mobius Institute Board of Certification (MIBoC) which is ISO/IEC 17024 accredited in accordance with ISO 18436-1