The ISO Category II Vibration Analyst “Intermediate” course is intended for personnel who have at least twelve months vibration analysis experience and a basic understanding of vibration theory and terminology. The course provides an in-depth study of machinery faults and their associated spectrum, time waveform and phase characteristics. Category II certification requires that you have demonstrated 18 months experience in vibration analysis, completed the Category II course and successfully pass the Category II vibration analyst examination, however Category I is not a prerequisite to become certified as a Category II vibration analysts.
Category II – Candidate Profile:
- You have a good understanding of the vibration fundamentals
- You want to be capable of confidently diagnosing a wide range of fault conditions, correcting certain conditions, and taking accurate measurements
- You look forward to the opportunity to develop your skills in the field of machine condition & vibration analysis
- You are seeking to become certified to international standards (ISO-18436) by an accredited certification body
- You want to become a key member of your condition monitoring team
The Category-II course spans four days with an additional half day for review and the exam. It is intended for people who have mastered the basics but who need to be able to take good data (and decide how the data collector should be set up), analyze a range of fault conditions, and understand balancing and alignment.
We teach you to test machines correctly, how to diagnose faults accurately, perform additional diagnostic tests for verification, how to set
vibration alarm limits, and how to correct certain types of faults. You will learn what your analyzer settings mean so that you can take the best measurements. And you will learn why the vibration signatures change the way they do and how to use time waveform analysis and phase analysis to verify the fault condition.
Mobius makes learning about vibration analysis unique. We use 3D animations, Flash simulations, and numerous software simulators that completely demystify vibration analysis. While vibration training courses have traditionally been very theoretical, difficult to understand, (and boring), you will be captivated by the Mobius training methods, and you will enjoy our practical approach. You will take away skills that you can immediately apply to your job, and you will truly understand what you are doing.